Primary Industrial Stormwater Web Page.
This web page should contain summary information about your state’s industrial stormwater program.

General Permit Application (NOI).
Most industrial facilities have permit coverage under a statewide general permit that covers stormwater discharges from industrial facilities within the state. To obtain coverage under a statewide permit, you must submit a Notice of Intent (NOI) to your state agency (or EPA Regional office if you are in an unauthorized state). (Important note: Check below to see if there are any additional resources. If so you may find links to special application forms for your industrial sector.)

No Exposure Certification.
In lieu of submitting a permit application, if you qualify, use this form to provide your state agency (or EPA Regional office) written notification that your facility meets the definition of no exposure.

General Permits.
EPA Multi-Sector General Permit (MSGP)

Follow this link to find someone in your state who can answer your questions about the stormwater permitting process.

Primary Water Authority.
The primary water agency, division, bureau or program in Alabama is: ADEM Water Division.

Other Resources.

  • Industry Sector-Specific General Permit Applications (NOI)
    Locate the applicable NOI form on this web page to apply for a general permit. These permits authorize the discharge of cooling water, boiler water, vehicle and equipment wash water and stormwater from the following sectors: Metal Fabrication and Primary Metals, Assphalt, Ship Building, Lumber/Wood/Paperboard, Concrete, Transportation, Food and Related Substances, Landfills, Paints and Related Products, Salvage and Recycling, Plastics and Rubber, Stone/Glass/Clay, Textiles, and Petroleum Products.

    Back to iSWRL Home