Wyoming is one of 21 states operating an approved occupational safety and health program. This program is operated by the .
The purpose of this organization is to assure that insofar as possible every working person within this state shall have safe and healthful working conditions free from recognized hazards and to preserve Wyoming's state's human resources: that the prevention of accidents and occupational diseases and abiding by rules and regulations are the responsibility of both the employer and the employee; and to help and assist employers and employees in accident and occupational disease prevention through educational means, which shall be made available to all industries, businesses, employees, employee groups and associations.
Enforcement of the private and public sector shall be used only to obtain compliance with the Act and the rules and regulations established by the Wyoming Occupational Health and Safety Commission. It shall investigate occupational fatalities, safety and health complaints, safety and health discrimination complaints and to ensure inspection coverage in employment areas with high injury rates and to create a significant impact in such industries.
Occupational Safety and Health Regulations
State Consultation Program
Consultation provides safety and health technical assistance at no charge to private and public sector employers upon request. Our consultants do health and safety surveys, which include an audit of your facility where hazards are identified but there is no fine or penalty.
- State Agency Points of Contact
- Federal OSHA Resources for the Construction Industry
Comprehensive Health and Safety Program for Construction - Sample plan for compliance with Wyoming construction rules and regulations. Employers should review the standard for particular requirements which are applicable to their specific situation. Employers will need to add information relevant to their particular facility in order to develop an effective program. Employers should note that certain programs are expected to be reviewed at least on an annual basis and updated when necessary.
Safety Information for Construction - Several documents covering hydraulic hoses, construction equipment, floor openings, and front-end loaders.
Health and Safety Video Lending Library - All audio-visual material on this list are available for viewing on a loan basis. They are intended for training and educational purposes. Included are many construction-related topics.
- Interlinked Information on State Plan Standards and Policies/Directives. An OSHA system for displaying the State Plans' responses to Federal standards and directives issued after May 2006.
- Hospital e-Tool. Interactive, web-based training tools on occupational safety and health topics.
- OSHA Assistance for the Residential Construction Industry. This page is maintained as a product of the Alliance between OSHA and National Association of Home Builders (NAHB).
- National Association for Surface Finishing (NASF) OSHA Alliance. OSHA and NASF will work together to provide NASF members and others in the metal surface finishing industry with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help protect employees' health and safety.
- Inspection Procedures for the Chromium (VI) Standards (Directive number: CPL 02-02-074). The purpose of this Instruction is to provide guidelines and establish uniform inspection and compliance procedures for the occupational exposure standards for hexavalent chromium published in the Federal Register, February 28, 2006, and effective May 30, 2006. Field Operations Manual (January 2009). State status of adoption.