Solid Waste State Resource Locator
Primary State Agency: Department of Environmental Quality
- Primary State Solid Waste Page
- Construction and Demolition Waste
- Hazardous Waste
- Universal Waste
- Universal Wastes in Nebraska include:
Certain other battery types (e.g. alkaline and carbon zinc cells that have been manufactured without mercury) may not be classified as hazardous wastes, and would therefore not fall under the Universal Waste Rule. However, as a matter of responsible practice, such batteries should be collected and sent to recycling facilities, rather than being landfilled.
- batteries (e.g., certain lead-acid batteries not recycled under other regulations; button silver-oxide and zinc-air; and 9-volt, C, AA, coin, and button rechargeable lithium);
- mercury containing devices (e.g., thermostats, switches);
- electric lamps (e.g., fluorescent, high intensity discharge, sodium vapor, and mercury vapor); and
- consumer electronics.
- Medical Waste
- County and Municipal Codes and Ordinances
- More Information
Select another state