Wetlands State Resource Locator
Note: Most states have enacted laws and regulations to protect wetlands. In many cases, these rules are established to define the state's role in the "404 permit/401 certification process." This process involves the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and your state environmental agency. To learn more about the wetlands permitting process go to the CICA Wetlands Regulations/Permit page.
Primary State Wetlands Web Page. This web page should explain the state wetlands program and provide links to various wetlands resources.
Construction Permit Process - State Rules
- How Are Wetlands Activities Regulated by Oklahoma? Oklahoma has created an Oklahoma Conservation Commission to oversee activities performed on wetlands. The Commission is charged with formulating a Wetlands Management Strategy. The Strategy must define wetlands, enumerate their beneficial uses, identify and inventory wetlands, recommend measures to mitigate wetland loss, provide measures to protect wetlands, and define standards and measures for critical wetlands to ensure protection of wetland owners' property rights.
- Mitigation Measures.
Wetland Regulatory Background Information
- Wetland Categories.
- Regulated Wetland Activities.
- Exempt Wetland Activities.
Other Wetland Resources
- Water Environment Federation. The WEF Web site provides access to a wetlands related technical discussion area, as well as publications and other information on wetlands.
- Wetlands Regulation Center. The Wetlands Regulation Center Web site contains information on laws, policies and regulations concerning activities regulated under Sections 401 and 404 of the Clean Water Act.
- Association of State Wetland Managers. The Association of State Wetland Managers Web site provides information on wetlands news and events, including new regulations/legislation, upcoming conferences and events, publications, and more.
- Society of Wetland Scientists. The Society of Wetland Scientists Web site provides access to on-line scientific wetlands journals and a wetlands discussion forum, as well as information on upcoming wetlands conferences and events.
Select another state