Beneficial Use State Program Locator
This state resource locator contains information on the beneficial use of industrial byproducts for the state of Iowa. Also included are EPA and private industry resources.
If you know of additional beneficial use resources that would be of interest to other users, please let us know by using the feedback form at the bottom of this page.
- Construction and Demolition State Waste Resource Locator. Use this tool to locate regulatory information and other compliance assistance and P2 resources.
- Solid Waste Locator. The solid waste resource locator contains links to regulatory agencies and rules covering solid waste topics.
- Beneficial Use Determinations (PDF).
- ASTSWMO 2006 Beneficial Use Survey Report, November 2007 Iowa was one of 40 states that participated in this study, which was conducted by the Association of State and Territorial Solid Waste Management Officials. The study covered various regulatory and technical issues associated with beneficial use. It also identifies specific byproducts that are covered by state beneficial use rules. Please note that this is an older report and therefore it may contain information that has been superseded.
- Northeast Waste Management Officials Beneficial Use Determination Database NEWMOA developed an on-line beneficial use determinations (BUD) database to help states share information and improve the efficiency of their BUD approval processes. The database contains a compilation of approved state BUDs. Iowa is one of 27 states included in the database. This is a password-protected tool for state environmental regulators.
Select another state